Author Topic: How fucked am I?  (Read 7504 times)

ViciousProphet

How fucked am I?
« on: July 17, 2019, 09:10:42 AM »
So I'm downloading vids from a site using passes obtained here.  When suddenly, and this has never happened before and the site is mainstream legit, a bunch of VLC players (my player of choice) open on my pc all playing the same vid/soundfile (i can't tell what or how many because it has flooded my computer).  Pulled ethernet, had to hard reset.  Virus scan is clean.

My assumption is that this is the site mods spamming me figuring I've swiped a pass?, I only had 5 downloads and was about to start a new one as one finished so they saw the clear spike in bandwidth I'm sure.  Had my no-logging VPN up, though I hadn't turned off my geo locator in browser till just now.

How fucked am i?  Is this a scare tactic or am I getting a DMCA letter?

ictos

Re: How fucked am I?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 09:55:05 PM »
Probably a coincidence. Normally a site will block you if it works out you're using a stolen pass, happened to me a few times but nothing ever came of it.

As for a spike in traffic, I don't seriously think you downloading 5 vids will be much of an impact, if it's mainstream, they've probably got hundreds of people downloading vids in parallel.