Discussion > General Discussion

Why you should not use smite so often

<< < (3/3)

robo:
I like gabuzomeu1's idea of using karma like "money". Maybe after two smites, the person giving out the smites should loose one karma, or something like that, gives people a chance to actually think with their head instead of emotions before hitting the smite. Also, maybe it would be better to have an "explanation box" before the smite goes through; allowing the person dishing out the smite to briefly discuss the reason for the smite.

I really like this forum and was excited to have found it, but I got -5 smites before I even spent two weeks here. Up to this day, I have no idea why. I usually applaud a lot and I try to stay respectful, regardless of what forum. I'm usually pretty hesitant to post on here cuz I feel it gives the opportunity for someone to smite me for some reason I don't know. Just recently I began posting cuz I've carried that -5 for about a year now, so I guess I've grown sorta used to it.

That smite button is very easy to press (takes less than a second), but for the person getting the smite, it stays till who knows when.

vincenzo:

After posting a number of useful, working passes, my karma climbed to over 30, which was very nice. I have been less active recently, and notice my karma is right down. It goes down by about 1 each day. I think there must be a troll deliberately targeting me,  who I imagine will not be content until I have negative karma. Is there anything that can be done about this?

chipgrrr:
Agree - I just shrug my shoulders when a link dies for whatever reason. Beggars can't be choosers.   :)

But smite should be reserved for something that one disagrees with - not an expired link IMHO.

ratchet215:
Same thing happened just today. I thought I give something for the community and share a fuckingmachines pass. I didnt use the hide thing correct and I couldnt change it afterwards. After 130 viewd the toppic of corse the topic is down. Kink passes die very fast.

So the end result is that I LOST Karma for sharing a rare pass and I won't share anything anymore. Please say thank you to any Idiot that don't understand what happens to shared accounts

StuccexupeKax:
Oh my Im glad youre ok Well ok enough, anyway that looks to really smart

...It wasnt the slingshot I made you was it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version