Author Topic: Why you should not use smite so often  (Read 25756 times)

panaramika

Why you should not use smite so often
« on: November 10, 2013, 04:48:46 PM »
http://www.clubdom.com/members/

So people spend a few hours posting working passes and they post them without Karma restriction , after 30 views of course the pass dies and then some fellow deducts Karma from you because he is number 31 to visit and the pass is dead  >:(

I now understand why people post passes with high Karma restriction which I will be doing in the future after posting 10 good passes today getting 200 plus views on them and my Karma reduced for my effort  >:(

And right, you are. So people, don't smite!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 01:06:49 PM by victoryluzon »

lostinespace

Re: clubdom
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 10:40:20 PM »
Thanks for the pass and Karma for you, off course.

I also agree with your point of view and I'd additionally like to say that I think that the smite option should be deleted by the moderators of this board. You cannot control it, everybody can take away your karmas with no reason, maybe just because he is in a bad mood.

For somebody who is misbehaving, for example, insulting a member or "stealing" passes, the moderators could find other restrictions, for example banning a user.

Just my opinion....

lost

monom

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 11:20:52 AM »
We do not prohibit.
We want free forum.
Check out
http://www.fetish-ring.com/index.php/topic,13252.0.html
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 12:28:13 PM by victoryluzon »

Women and cats can do what they want, men and dogs should understand it and get used to it.

lostinespace

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 01:04:43 PM »
Hello again!

To make my statement clearer: With "Stealing" passes, of course this is a harsh word,  you can also say: " Repeating" passes, I wanted to say  that it is not ok to post passes, which have already been posted in this forum here by another user.

I am also for a free forum, I also look around in other forums, because I cannot hack and so it is my only possibilty to contribute and to give back a bit.

But I only post passes in our forum here and I always do the search before posting them.

Concerning the smite function (thanks got it does not happen to me up to now) I still think that we don't need it.

I have to admit that I have used it once by myself because one of my posted passes was repeated here, but I gave the Karma back to the other member one hour later.

Greetings

lost

lost

victoryluzon

Re: Why you should not use smite so often
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 01:09:30 PM »
i set this topic, a discussion topic.
Give and you shall receive, Receive and you shall give.
If you like my posts, then some extra karma would be nice.

aman

• got a light mon
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »
Agreed.

Only staff should be able to smite karma.  I lost a few points as well.

dkeen_2013

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 04:43:23 AM »
I agree completely on the loosing Karma when say viewer 300 gets bent out of shape that by the time they try a link it is dead and this is usually on a post with less than 10 Karma assigned.

Even more frustrating is loosing Karma when you make a post with higher then average Karma since you know if you don't it will for sure die in less than a day. Then anyone with lower then the Karma restriction smites you just for putting a Karma restriction on the post.

My suggestion would be to not remove the ability to smite, but maybe restrict the ability to smite for anyone will less than "X" Karma. Or to go one step further would be to cap a users Karma once they reach a certain milestones, maybe in chunks of 25 or something like that. Once you hit 25 you cannot go down, then 50, then 75, etc.

I have to believe that someone with more than "X" Karma understands that if they are the 300+ viewer of a post with say a 5 Karma restriction they are more than aware that by 300+ views the post is most likely dead.

As for earning the needed Karma to view a post that can simply be obtained by contributing. Does not necessarily need to be in the password section. Post a good discussion topic, post some movies or pics, or post a few back doors or spoofs.

The Karma factor on this forum was what drove me to want to contribute more so I could see all of those fabulous posts everyone had posted.

My 10 cents  8) 

fortitudo

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 09:59:44 AM »
As a user I would never use smite myself, I used to run forums ages ago and things like that get abused by people in bad moods or just because something didn't work for them.
Better off taking smite out and leave applaud in.
Some users don't understand that they may be the user after someone else who took the last use of the password, they just think they are the only one to visit and the pass should work for them, if it don't then the person posting didn't do a good job, not they weren't quick enough!

Education or remove smite are the answers I think.

On that note I thank all pass posters, I do appreciate the work! If I use the pass I give karma, if I don't I still do because I appreciate the effort (Just need some karma to see the passes now!)

gabuzomeu1

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 12:04:18 PM »
Very unhappy to "loose" 10 karmas during the night just because some users were angry about died passes (inspite for each of them I check it has not been already posted and I check it's working just before I put on the forum).

Maybe the solution is to use karma like "money" (only for smite). You can give karma with no restriction (except time) and if you want to smite, you have to "pay" one karma and loosing it.

...just an idea...

gmaty069

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 07:24:00 AM »
Yea that sucks, passes die, some faster than others, no need to smite others who at least made the effort

robo

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 11:05:18 PM »
I like gabuzomeu1's idea of using karma like "money". Maybe after two smites, the person giving out the smites should loose one karma, or something like that, gives people a chance to actually think with their head instead of emotions before hitting the smite. Also, maybe it would be better to have an "explanation box" before the smite goes through; allowing the person dishing out the smite to briefly discuss the reason for the smite.

I really like this forum and was excited to have found it, but I got -5 smites before I even spent two weeks here. Up to this day, I have no idea why. I usually applaud a lot and I try to stay respectful, regardless of what forum. I'm usually pretty hesitant to post on here cuz I feel it gives the opportunity for someone to smite me for some reason I don't know. Just recently I began posting cuz I've carried that -5 for about a year now, so I guess I've grown sorta used to it.

That smite button is very easy to press (takes less than a second), but for the person getting the smite, it stays till who knows when.

vincenzo

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 01:02:10 PM »

After posting a number of useful, working passes, my karma climbed to over 30, which was very nice. I have been less active recently, and notice my karma is right down. It goes down by about 1 each day. I think there must be a troll deliberately targeting me,  who I imagine will not be content until I have negative karma. Is there anything that can be done about this?

chipgrrr

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 03:21:10 PM »
Agree - I just shrug my shoulders when a link dies for whatever reason. Beggars can't be choosers.   :)

But smite should be reserved for something that one disagrees with - not an expired link IMHO.

ratchet215

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 04:44:13 AM »
Same thing happened just today. I thought I give something for the community and share a fuckingmachines pass. I didnt use the hide thing correct and I couldnt change it afterwards. After 130 viewd the toppic of corse the topic is down. Kink passes die very fast.

So the end result is that I LOST Karma for sharing a rare pass and I won't share anything anymore. Please say thank you to any Idiot that don't understand what happens to shared accounts

StuccexupeKax

• StuccexupeKaxNN
Why you should not use smite so often
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 04:45:57 AM »
Oh my Im glad youre ok Well ok enough, anyway that looks to really smart

...It wasnt the slingshot I made you was it?